Requirements for Application
The Family Medicine Graduate Medical Education Program at New Hanover Regional Medical Center will participate in and abide by the policies of the National Resident Matching Program.
- All applications must be received through the ERAS application service. Applications must include:
- Completed ERAS application form
- Medical School transcript of course work
- Three letters of recommendation in addition to the Dean’s Letter
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Personal statement
- For foreign medical graduates, this information must be in English or translated with notarized verification of authenticity.
This selection policy will apply to all applicants. In addition, we will continue to apply our best judgment as to the suitability of a candidate for training at this program. The residency program therefore makes the final decision regarding the applicants it interviews and considers for the program.